close
最近很想從基礎把英語學好...
現在的英文已經快要忘光了!想起以前高中的時候還是英文小老師呢...
找到高中英語課文,讓大家回味一下~

全部英語課文收藏在==>『英語教學高中課文
對於其中一篇金恩博士的演講內容"I have a dream..." 很有感覺..
我把它節錄出來:

I Have A Dream
我有一個夢想
Martin Luther King, Jr., a minister and the grandson of a slave, was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 1964.
小馬丁‧路德‧金恩,是牧師,也是奴隸的孫子,於一九六四年獲得諾貝爾和平獎。
The award was a fitting recognition of the worldwide awareness of and respect for Dr. King's achievements.
這個獎適切地肯定了全世界對金恩博士的成就的認知與尊崇。
To promote his philosophy of nonviolent protest against segregation and other kinds of social injustice,
為了提倡他的哲學,用非暴力抗議種族隔離及社會上其他的各種不公平,
Dr. King organized a series of "marches" which brought together thousands of protesters to make concrete
金恩博士組織了一系列的「遊行」,聚集了數以千計的抗議者,
and tangible the plight of many of his black brothers and sisters.
揭露了許多他的黑人同胞的苦境。
What follows is some excerpts of the famous speech he delivered in front of the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, D.C.
以下是他在華府林肯紀念堂前所發表的那篇著名的演講中的一些摘錄。
The audience of more than two hundred thousand people was deeply moved by the eloquence of Dr. King's rhetoric
二十多萬名聽眾深受金恩博士的口才與優美的辭句所感動,
and was given new reason to hope that his dream of a world
因此重新覺得有理由希望他夢想中的世界,
in which all races would be treated equally might eventually come true.
所有種族都受到平等的對待,最後終會實現。
I say to you today, my friends, that in spite of the difficulties and frustrations of the moment I still have a dream.
朋友們,今天我對各位說,儘管目前有困難挫折, 我仍然有一個夢想。
It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream.
那是深植於美國人的夢想中的一個夢想。
I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed:
我有一個夢想, 夢想有一天這個國家將起來,照著信念的真締過日子:
"We hold these truths to be self-evident; that all men are created equal."
「我們相信這些真理是不證自明的;(其中之一就是)人人生而平等。」
I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia
我有一個夢想, 夢想有一天在喬治亞洲的紅色土丘上,
the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slaveowners
早先的奴隸的子孫以及早先的地主的子孫,
will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood.
可以一起坐在「同胞手足」之桌的旁邊。
I have a dream that one day even the state of Mississippi,
我有一個夢想,夢想有一天,甚至連密西西比州,
a desert state sweltering with the heat of injustice and oppression,
那一片飽受不公平和壓迫的熱浪的沙漠之州,
will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice.
會變成自由、公平的綠洲樂土。
I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation
我有一個夢想, 夢想有一天,我的四個小孩將生活在一個國度裡,
where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.
在那兒,他們所受到的論斷不是他們的膚色,而是他們的品格的內涵。
I have a dream today.
今天,我有一個夢想。
I have a dream that one day the state of Alabama will be transformed into a situation
我有一個夢想, 夢想有一天, 阿拉巴馬州將會變成這樣一個地方,
where little black boys and black girls will be able to join hands with little white boys and little white girls
在那裡,黑人男女孩童和白人男女孩童可以手拉手,
and walk together as sisters and brothers.
像兄弟姊妹般地走在一起。
I have a dream today.
今天我有一個夢想。
I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, every hill and mountain shall be made low,
我有一個夢想, 夢想有一天, 每一處山谷將被填高,土丘高山將被鏟矮,
the rough places will be made plain, and the crooked places will be made straight,
崎嶇之地將被整平,彎曲之地將被拉直,
and the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together.
上帝的榮耀必將顯現,萬民齊共瞻仰。
This is our hope.
這是我們的希望。
This is the faith with which I return to the South.
這是我帶回南方的信念。
With this faith we will be able to hew out of the mountain of despair a stone of hope.
帶著這個信念,我們將可以由絕望之山開出希望之石。
With this faith we will be able to transform the jangling discords of our nation
帶著這個信念,我們將可以把我們這個國家的熙嚷不和,
into a beautiful symphony of brotherhood.
變成像兄弟般的美好和諧。
With this faith we will be able to work together, to pray together, to struggle together, to go to jail together,
帶著這個信念,我們可以一起努力,一起祈求,一起奮鬥,一起入獄,
to stand up for freedom together, knowing that we will be free one day.
一起維護自由,因為我們知道,有一天我們將會自由,
This will be the day when all of God's children will be able to sing with new meaning.
到時候,所有上帝的子孫將可以以新的意義唱出:
My country, 'tis of thee, Sweet land of liberty, Of thee I sing:
吾國吾家,自由的樂土,我為你歌頌:
Land where my fathers died, Land of the pilgrims' pride, From every mountainside, Let freedom ring.
先祖長眠於斯,朝聖者的榮耀在此,山腰各處,自由鐘聲響起。
When we let freedom ring, when we let it ring from every village and every hamlet, from every state and every city,
當我們讓自由的鐘聲響起,當我們讓它響自每一個村莊,每一處窮鄉僻壤,每一州,每一市,
we will be able to speed up that day when all of God's children, black men and white men, Jews and Gentiles,
我們將可以加速那一天的到來,到時候,所有上帝的子孫,不論黑人、白人、猶太人、 非猶太人、
Protestants and Catholics, will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old Negro spiritual,
新教徒、天主教徒,都可以攜手同唱那首古老的黑人靈歌,
"Free at last! Free at last! Thank God Almighty, we are free at last!"
「終於自由了,終於自由了,感謝萬能的上帝,我們終於自由了!」

arrow
arrow
    全站熱搜

    rabitking 發表在 痞客邦 留言(0) 人氣()